Friday, November 7, 2014

Playing Catch-Up (NaNoWriMo November 7th)

Being sick is tiresome, and not writing enough for two days in a row is worrisome.

But several servings of yogurt and 10 hours of sleep later, I can face the keyboard and begin working again, as long as I stay close to the facilities. No, yogurt is not a cure, but it is better in a dicey tummy than most other things I could think of eating (jalapeño cheese bread, pizza with spicy Polynesian sauce, or chili con carne.)

At about 200 words in this morning, I paused to write a quick note to my three writing buddies this year. One of them needs scarcely any encouragement from me (she's a couple of thousand words past my current total), but the other two seem to having trouble getting started. My few words may not make any difference to their newbie struggles, but in case my NaNoMail might help, I'm glad to procrastinate write them a message.

So much of what I "must" do right now is really procrastination, my willingness to be distracted from the business of writing. This is especially dangerous when I am already behind the goal of 1667 words per day. So I buckle down, and grind out another 300 or so words. I update (another procrastination), and notice that I'm less than 500 words from the 10,000 badge now.

Surely I can get another 500 words "on the paper" today.

Write On!

Total: 10076 words

No comments:

Post a Comment